Our Environmental Responsibilities
- The JW Green Company is dedicated to responsible and environmentally safe operating procedures and practices through compliance with all applicable local, state and federal environment regulations. Our Company's commitment to maintaining an environmentally sound workplace is demonstrated by adoption of industry-developed comprehensive environmental operating guidelines.
- The JW Green Company supports Design for Recycling - A national policy to promote the design and manufacture of goods that, at the end of their useful life, can be recycled safely and efficiently.
- The JW Green Company Is a Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection drop-off site. In other words, the Connecticut DEP brings scrap metal to our facility for proper disposal.
- The JW Green Company is registered with the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection for a Storm Water General Permit. The Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan has been prepared pursuant to section 22a - 430b of the Connecticut General Statues, as amended by Public Act 91 - 263 and in accordance with Connecticut DEP publication "General Permit for the Discharge of Storm Water Associated with Industrial Activity" dated October 1992.
- The JW Green Company retains the services of Coneco Environmental, an environmental consulting company with offices throughout New England. They have assisted us in the area of Storm water Permitting, and are available for other consultations.
- Because of the complexity surrounding the subject of environmental responsibility, we have kept our comments here brief. We would be happy to discuss with you in detail any environmental concerns which you may have. In addition, we can set up a meeting with our environmental consultants to answer all of your questions.